Senior Handyman Service
Do you need Seniors Handyman Services?
Do you have elderly parents that need Seniors Handyman Services?
Studies show that older people tend to be more comfortable if they remain in their homes as they age. However, physical handicaps brought about by old age, disabilities, and illnesses make this difficult for them. Also, with families growing apart and being separated by hundreds of miles there’s no family member close by who can help them out with the little household fixes.
Elderly people need assistance, even with the most basic household chores such as changing the lightbulb, fixing the door handle or de-clogging the shower drain. If they have someone they know, who they can call on they are less likely to be climbing the step ladder and having a fall.
Larger companies who have bigger projects to handle are not interested in small jobs and quote go-away prices. There are smaller handyman businesses that are offering handyman services to senior citizens.
The primary concern in this type of service is the character of the handymen offering the help. You can’t afford to have manipulative and abusive workers taking advantage of your elderly parents. You must find people who are passionate and who are willing to help the elderly as much as they can.
The following Seniors Handyman Services are provided by me, Todd Tfrom Homestead Handyman Service. I kept my parents in their own home until they had to go into nursing care. I know how much work it is I was renovating a century home while I was looking after all my parent’s needs. That is one of the reasons why I now a senior working as a handyman. I like to fix things and providing peace of mind for you and your elderly parents is very satisfying.
Click here to read an article in agingcare.com about How Hiring a Handyman Can Help Your Elderly Parents.
Safety & Mobility
- Grab bars installed virtually anywhere
- Ramps installed to allow for easier access
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed and maintained
- Move doorways and remodel rooms for easier and safer access
Security in the Home
- Deadbolt and other types of locks installed for security
- Security bars added for extra protection
Complete Handyman Services
- Doors repaired & replaced
- Windows repaired & replaced
- Window and patio door cleaning
- Drywall and plaster patching & repairs
- Painting – interior & exterior
- Deck repair and maintenance
- Pressure washing and exterior cleaning
- Fencing repair
- Siding repair
- Gutter and downspout repair
- Gutter cleaning
- Masonry repair for brick, block and concrete
- Change hard-to-reach light bulbs
- Water heaters; replaced or repaired
- Plumbing repair; faucets, drains & toilets replaced and repaired
- Change air filters and maintain humidification systems
- New appliance installation
- Blind, curtain and valance installations
- Custom finish carpentry
- Furniture or equipment assembly
- New moulding and trim
- Ceramic tile install and repair
- Caulking and grouting for kitchens and bathrooms
- Cleanouts and dumpster service